CHARLOTTE – Republican State Senator Dan Bishop on Monday released his fundraising totals for the first two weeks of his congressional campaign.
The Bishop for Congress Committee collected almost $400,000, including a $250,000 loan from the candidate, and had about $380,000 cash on hand on April 1. Last week, Bishop for Congress launched the first television ad of the campaign entitled “Clowns.” The ad exposes “Wrong Dan” McCready’s efforts to join and aid the crazy, socialist and radical leftist Democratic majority in this Congress while highlighting “Right Dan” Bishop’s record of support for President Trump’s Wall, the Second Amendment, protecting the unborn, low taxes and sustainable government spending. Bishop is the only Republican candidate on television with a six-figure, district-wide TV buy and aggressive digital ad campaign behind “Clowns”, which will run through Election Day on May 14.
“We are very pleased with the broad financial support for ‘Right Dan’ Bishop during the first two weeks of the campaign. That strong start and our ongoing robust fundraising efforts are getting our message to the voters: Bishop will support President Trump’s agenda by stopping illegal immigration, protecting the unborn, safeguarding the second amendment, lowering taxes and controlling government spending.” said Matt Judge, Campaign Manager for Bishop for Congress.“ Dan Bishop is the only Republican candidate with the fundraising wherewithal to win the general election by exposing ‘Wrong Dan’ McCready – ‘Wrong Dan’ is opposed by the NRA and backed by radical pro-abortion groups like Planned Parenthood and Feminist Majority PAC because they know ‘Wrong Dan” will back Nancy Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders, Ihan Omar and the other radical leftist Democrats’ agenda for open borders, abortion on demand and gun control.”
Conservative Leaders across the 9th District endorse Dan Bishop:
- 9-Term 9th District Congresswoman Sue Myrick
- State Senator Tommy Tucker (Union County)
- State Senator Tom McInnis (Anson, Richmond, Scotland Counties)
- State Senator Danny Britt (Robeson County)
- State Representative Dean Arp (Union County)
- State Representative Craig Horn (Union County)
- State Representative Rob Bryan (Mecklenburg County)
- State Representative Bill Brawley (Mecklenburg County)
- State Representative John Szoka (Cumberland County)
- Former Charlotte Councilman Kenny Smith
- Matthews Mayor Paul Bailey
- Charlotte Mayor Richard Vinroot
- Weddington Mayor Pro Tem and Union County GOP Chair Dan Barry
- Mecklenburg County Commissioner Jim Puckett
- Mecklenburg County Commissioner Bill James
- Mecklenburg County Commissioner Karen Bentley
About Dan Bishop:
Dan Bishop is a Christian, husband, father, and lifelong Constitutional Conservative.
Dan was born and raised in the 9th district – the youngest of five – and his family has lived here for generations.
An attorney, Dan spent most of his career in the private sector. He ran for the state legislature in 2014, and in just his third term he’s become one of the most effective and conservative lawmakers in North Carolina. Dan led the fight to put the Voter ID Constitutional Amendment on the ballot last November and has been A rated by the NRA for protecting our second amendment rights. NC Right to Life and the North Carolina Values Coalition have supported Dan for protecting the unborn and defending conservative Christian values. Dan cut or eliminated state income taxes on 99% of North Carolina families, and he voted to punish sanctuary cities that harbor illegal aliens.
Dan lives with Jo, his wife of over 20 years, his 18-year-old son, Jack and their dog, Ellie.